Who are we?
Emergency Doctors Medical Service (EDMS) operates as an event medical provider based in Essex but covering events across the UK. Clinician led and CQC registered, we ensure that the highest standards of medical care are maintained. We have the capability to provide staff levels from first aid to consultant doctor level.
EDMS was born from the desire to provide a safe and comprehensive service to events across the UK. We work closely with event providers, local authorities and the ambulance service to ensure we provide the best possible care for anybody that uses our services. The majority of our healthcare professionals work within the NHS and are best placed to provide specialist care at any type of event.
At EDMS we aim to be the UK’s leading provider of specialised medical services for a wide range of deployments, offering a professional service with exceptional clinical care.
Where public events take place, there is a health and safety requirement to provide an adequate level of first aid. Ambulance and medical cover. The level of this cover will be in context of your event. The Event Industry Association has published the Event Safety Guide (commonly called the purple guide) to provide that guidance for event organisers.
EDMS medical is a specialist provider of event medicine services and for the festival, music, EDM, concert and outdoor event industry. We have over 14 years of experience in providing a high acuity service on-site at a wide range of events with the overarching aim of reducing use of NHS services (such as ambulance and emergency department use) over the course of your event.
We have an excellent reputation and track record of achieving this through senior medical leadership, ensuring high standards of recruitment, robust governance and clinical systems and of course a highly trained and dedicated team of doctors, advanced Paramedics, nurses, ambulance crews and first responder staff.
Our standard set up for major events include:
- Field hospitals are unsurpassed in the UK with individualised minors, majors, resuscitation, paediatric and observation bays
- On site near patient diagnostic blood tests
- On site X Ray (provided by EDMS and not outsourced)
- On-site critical care staff including sedation, anaesthesia and emergency surgical capability
- Specific management for drug induced seizure, malignant hyperpyrexia (we carry Dantrolene Sodium for this) as well as on site patient cooling equipment
- Diagnostic ultrasound
- Senior physiotherapy team to manage a wide range of muscle and skeletal injuries.
- Dispensing service for medicines
- Mental health practitioners able to make direct referrals to local teams.
- Ambulance services, pit teams, crowd retrieval teams, campsite first aid points
As an event organiser, you need to know that your audience, staff, public, artists and al others on site can receive rapid, professional, expert medical care immediately. You also need to know this is provided by an experienced provider who’s systems are robust, credible and mirror the high standards seen within the NHS. EDMS ticks all of these boxes and more. EDMS are experts in medical planning, safety advisory group work, major incident planning, reporting and helping you achieve the safest event possible.
Let us look after your event, give that peace of mind and make your event great!
Contact us so we can chat more.